Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas/Winter Garland

Earlier this fall C painted me some fall leaves which I taped onto a piece of hemp string. I loved the look of it so much that I wanted her to paint me some more for the new season!

 I originally had it in our kitchen, but kept falling. It eventually was hung on the door like the tree/angel one below.


I traced cookie cutters on some cereal boxes and cut the shapes out. C carefully painted each one (she loves painting!)

When the shapes were dry we taped them onto the string.

 I hung the angels and trees on the front door

 And the snowman and snowflakes on the backdoor. Since this one can be seen on both sides (we use our backdoor more than our front door) I painted over the colored side and C helped me added silver, blue and white glitter.

This activity focused on other skills besides painting - like colors, shapes and making patterns.
I am looking forward to making these for more seasons and holidays

1 comment:

  1. It radiates the festive spirit and brings warmth to any space. Your creativity in capturing the essence of the season is commendable. But currently, I am busy with my academic assignment move and handle equipment and other objects safely, If anybody knows well my topic so suggest me professionally.

    ReplyDelete