Friday, February 24, 2012

Apple Sandwich

I don't usually post recipes on here, but I thought I would share what we made for snack recently. It is healthy and was a big hit, even for the pickiest eater in our house!

It was a combination of 2 ideas I saw on Pinterest -- the No Bake Energy Ball recipe from Smashed Peas & Carrots and this Apple Sandwich from Keep your Diet Real

We made the Energy Ball recipe (which I have made a few times before - very yummy. This time I used almond butter instead of peanut butter, not the same, but still pretty good) and put it between some apple slices. When I asked C if she liked it, she said, "We should have this for snack everyday!"   She has been pickier than usual lately, so i was glad she liked it.
J just liked the middle, she isn't always a big fan of apples that are cut up.
 (Sorry about the picture quality. My iPod was the only thing handy for picture taking, and C wanted to eat it right away!)
 

2 comments:

  1. I never thought to make a sandwich using apples as the bread. Cute idea! Visiting from Sun Scholars. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time, I see this apple sandwich. It look so amazing and good. I try my best to make this.Now it's time to avail luxury airport transfer for more information.

    ReplyDelete